What Happens When You Neglect Your House Washing
Although it would be great if rain were enough to regularly rinse off the exterior of your house for cleaning purposes, it doesn't work for your car either. Regular exterior cleaning is a necessary part of routine home improvement and maintenance.
Homeowners who fail to schedule routine pressure washing are in for a rude awakening. Of course, homeowners who rely solely on power washing to clean all of their exterior surfaces aren't going to be happy either. There's more to exterior cleaning than you may realize, and now is the time to figure it all out.
Why The Right House Washing Methods Make A Dramatic Difference
The term house washing is commonly used in place of pressure washing, even though pressure washing may not be the right cleaning method to use. Techniques referred to as low, no, or soft washing is better suited for delicate surfaces like vinyl siding and asphalt shingles.
- The standard pressure washing approach can damage your siding and puncture holes in it.
- Power washing can trap water behind your home's siding, causing leaks, mold, and rot.
- In untrained hands, pressure washing can loosen or tear away siding.
- Even in skilled hands, power washing can cause damage that requires repairs.
- Pressure washing can remove paint - which is why it's part of the preparation process for house painting, but not great when you want to keep your color in place.
What If You Don't Wash It?
Your home's exterior can get pretty filthy pretty quickly. Once an issue like algae takes hold, it intensifies rapidly. To put it simply, your house won't just look dirty; it will age and even deteriorate with time and neglect.
Some factors contribute to how quickly and intensely the process happens, such as the amount of shade your property has and the amount of rain that season.
- Mold, algae, moss, and lichen can become a serious problem
- You'll lose your curb appeal
- Your home's property value will quickly diminish
- Repair needs will become more frequent and more extensive
- Your home will need replacement instead of repairs for features like siding
It's time to take action and get proactive about exterior care for your home. At Loud Bros Pressure Washing, we're committed to providing you with the best overall cleaning, no matter what surface we're working on.
Call us today to schedule your Bloomington pressure washing. Even if it means switching to a different method of cleaning techniques, we're the company you can trust for optimal results.
What People Are Saying About Us
Exactly what I needed, they did an awesome job on my gutters. They even took pictures of troublesome areas on my roof to help ensure I was well informed of potential future issues [...]
I couldn't be more pleased with the work, the professionalism, eagerness to please, communication, follow through, follow up and the price was excellent too. Would not hesitate to recommend [...]
Articles & Tips
Is Pressure Washing The Right Method To Use For Roof Washing?
Pressure washing for the exterior of your home in the Bloomington area isn't a secret. Wise homeowners not only know about it, but they also make it a point to schedule their service once a year. […]
3 Best Benefits Of Storefront Washing For Your Local Business
No one ever said that running a business was easy, but it certainly can be rewarding. The goal is, of course, to operate a lucrative company, and the decisions you make will determine if that's possi […]